A network is a set of nodes connected to each other. This contract may be a computer, computer hardware (such as a handheld computer or PDA), peripherals (such as a printer or scanner), other networks (communication via a bridge or router), or any postal service) or so on. In networks, the whole world has come together in a network called the Internet, which also poses many new problems. It is the result of malicious activities that, intentionally or not, for profit or not, try to hurt us. To be safe and secure, it’s important to understand how it works. This small observation will help you understand these attacks.
Types of Attack –
Network-based security attacks can be classified in the following. This list is based on a server and a user who accesses the data on the server and the data that the server loads.
1. Availability of attacks – make all or part of a network unavailable to users. Distributed denial of service (DDOS) is one of the best examples of network attacks. In this, the server is blocked so that it starts to deny services to legitimate users.
2. Attack against confidentiality – unauthorized access to data. Can be active or negative. Tapping is one of the best examples of this attack. In this line, the network is operated or accessed.
3. Breach of integrity – breach of confidentiality, then modification of all or part of the data. One of the most common attacks in this category is to change secure HTTP content using a local proxy.
4. Attack of originality – Create data and send it to users by forging their originality. Nowadays, anti-spam technology known as scams is deceiving users around the world. In this mail, the mail sent is supposed to have been sent by an authorized bank. In the e-mail data request, a link appears that appears to be in the text of the URL. The URL may look like http://www.xyzbank.com/register/user.php but the url is similar to [http://22.214.171.124/.http://www.xyzbank.com], this which is incorrect. Many users are trapped by these fraudsters.
5. Attack on Access Control – Counterfeit as a genuine user and enjoy all the resources provided to this user. It is very common to be active, sometimes sometimes negative, many users are trying to access the server computer because many hackers have access to computers from defense labs to computers. A new case of this is the use of robots. These are small programs that have been entered into the victim’s computer. These programs are able to take commands from the network and then run them on the victim’s computer. A group of teenagers were arrested because their disintegration in computers in the hospital’s intensive care unit damaged their vital tables.
6. Breach of privacy – Access a user’s computer by spying on its use, and then sell that information to many business entities so that they can target their customers. It is now one of the most common attacks. Spyware is installed on the victim’s computer and all navigation information is uploaded to the desired marketing site. This is used later as a mass advertising weapon.
How to secure our data
There is no single solution for this medicine. Better security practices can help. Some attacks can be reduced by using software and others by being careful.
Handle your mail with care – whenever you receive a message about – provide vital information such as your account number. And password, do not jump to a conclusion. Send a copy of this letter to the responsible authority by mail and get what you need to do. Check that the link and the text of the given URL are written. If you find anything fraudulent, contact the police or the certifying authority immediately.
When you are about to buy something online, make sure that the seller is certified by a certification authority such as VeriSign or any other certification authority known in your country. Also read the certificate and check if the certificate is invalid and has not been invoked by the CA.
Software that can help you
There are many free programs and fixes for the vulnerability. It is better to have a good antivirus, like AVG Free, which works in real time on your computer. You should also be aware that the virus scanner is operating on the basis of currently available viruses. Thus, any old virus scanner will not find new viruses created. For this, you must install updates from time to time.
Unlike antivirus, many other programs attack network-based security attacks. I will not name the program, but I will give you a variety of programs that can be used.
Firewall – There are many firewalls that can be run, but we are interested here in firewall-based proxy servers. This firewall configures a proxy server on your computer, which checks all incoming requests and responses from your computer. In this way, they block any unauthorized access to your computer.
Spyware sweeper – Spyware can be a small program installed on your computer or cookies based on your online spy system. Spyware Sweeper begins by searching all possible spyware sites such as cookies, the system registry, the Windows startup folder and the root system. Once found, they ask you what action they should take, such as removing, protecting, or blocking spyware. If you browse the Internet using a low-security program such as Internet Explorer, it is highly recommended that you use a spyware scanner.
Network Blocking – Even if your computer is secure and free of viruses, free spyware can be configured by another computer connected to your computer network. This can be cured by using network blockers. These are real-time firewall programs that warn you to access all the LAN packages in your system. These programs also allow you to unlock some parts of your network.
Finally, I can say that you never curse people who hurt your computer or your information, but you curse not being able to block them.
“If you do not attack them actively, they will actively attack you.”
Be careful, update and discover all the movements of your opponents (malware) before even taking the plunge. If you want to be a simple user of the network-based system, you are also a candidate to be a victim. Any smart initiative can frustrate your opponents and help you stay still in the doldrums of malware.